We are giving you some tips
regarding cat health care, which will help you in taking better care of
For a pet lover, nothing can be
more pleasurable than spending leisure time, with the animal. Apart from
playing with the pet, a responsible pet owner should devote time to
groom his/her pet. As far as cats are concerned, they need to be taken
special care of, because they are highly dependent on their owners. If
you are one among the pet owners, looking for some tips to take care of
your cat, this article is the right for you. Go through the following
lines and learn how to take care of your cat.
How To Take Care Of Cat
- The prerequisite for the healthy growth of a cat is a
well-balanced diet. Therefore, feed your cat with a diet rich in
vitamins and minerals. Include meat, poultry and fish in the pet's
diet. Many brands now offer quality cat food, which you can buy for
your pet. Feed your cat with fresh water, every day. You may use cat
self watering unit for the purpose.
- Hygiene is essential for maintaining good health. Hence, bathe
your cat regularly. Keep the litter box clean.
- Your cat may spend maximum time in sleeping. If your pet stays
indoors, make sure that you provide a comfortable spot to lay down.
Purchase a cat bed for the purpose.
- The best way to keep your cat occupied is to provide it with pet
- Cats have unquenchable curiosity to explore things. Hence, keep
attic doors, basement doors and front door closed, so that your pet
doesn't land into the 'danger zones' both indoors and outdoors.
- Keep string-like objects, like tinsel, thread and rubber bands
out of the reach of your cat, because the pet is easily attracted to
such objects and tends to eat them.
- Like human beings, cats are also prone to diseases related to
kidney, heart, dental diseases and chronic ailments like cancer.
Hence, get your cat vaccinated. Regular veterinary check ups are
- Neutering (removal of reproductive organ of the animal, to stop
reproduction) becomes essential at one stage of life, when your cat
has produced enough offspring. The procedure is called spayed (for
females) and castrated (for males). The procedure helps control
unwanted birth of kittens, thereby minimizing the risk of problems
in the cat, associated with its reproductive tract.
- Train the cat to abstain from undesirable behaviors such as
scratching furniture and jumping on countertops. Disciplining cat is
very important to maintain a cordial bonding with the pet.
- You would not want to loose your cat. Therefore, when you are
going from trips with your pet, put collar and ID tag that includes
your name, address, and telephone number around the cat
- Cats spend indefinite time, licking and cleaning themselves.
Hence, it is advisable to clean your cat regularly. Make use of a
cat shampoo. While shampooing your pet, be sure not to put the
shampoo into its eyes, because the chemical irritates the eyes.
Groom your pet. Brush its hair, especially if it is a long-haired
breed, so that it stays clean and free from loose fur.
- Always reward your cat for desired behavior. This motivates the
pet to repeat the positive things time and again and helps you to
create a strong bond with it.