Apart from dogs, digging
behavior can also be associated with cats. Read to know how to stop
digging habits in your cat.
: How to Stop Cats from Digging
How to Stop Cats from Digging
The behavior of digging and
creating rubble out of your well-tended garden is generally associated
with typical canine behavior. But, many cat-owners would agree that this
behavior is not unnatural even amongst cats. Cats can also dig your
flowerbeds and reduce your yards to an ungainly pile of litter and mess.
Many cat owners are bothered by such a behavior in their domesticated
felines. It is especially upsetting, if your pet goes and tries his
hands at your neighbor's manicured lawn with the freshly mowed
flowerbeds. Check out some tips that will help you to stop such digging
problems in your cat.
- Bury some chicken wire in areas where he constantly digs, and
cover it with mud and dirt. The wires will prick and prevent him
- Sprinkle some black or cayenne pepper on the soil. Smell of
pepper will repel kitty from the garden.
- Place some mothballs or moth crystals in the garden. Cats don't
like their smell and will avoid them.
- You can also try mixing pieces of orange/ lemon peels with the
mud. The rinds with their pungent smell will help to fend off kitty
from the garden.
- Plant popsicle sticks or some plastic forks (pointing upwards)
randomly in the garden or near your flowerbeds to deter cats.
- Provide your cat with a digging box topped with freshly tilled
earth. He can use it to give vent to his digging behavior whenever
- Provide the kitty with a clean litter box and fresh litter, for
evacuating. In case, the box is dirty, he will prefer your clean
flowerbeds to the box.
- Most importantly, get rid of rodents and little critters in your
garden. This way, the garden won't hold his fascination for long.
Try these safe tricks and
dissuade kitty from despoiling your landscaped garden.
Comment On This Article