We are providing you some tips
that may provide you some cure or relief from the cat allergy.
For cat lovers, the most awful
situation is when they contract cat allergy. You are extremely fond of
your pussy and adore it a lot. However, you have realized that with the
cat around, you are having a tough time in terms of your physical
health. Cat allergies are common and can range from being mild to the
sever ones. This is one of the most foremost reasons that it becomes
very necessary to take special care, while around these felines.
Nonetheless, you will be happy to know that by taking necessary
precautions, you can avoid being inflicted with the allergy. To know
more about the symptoms of cat allergy and ways to avoid it, browse
through the following lines.
Symptoms of Cat Allergy
- Coughing and wheezing
- Hives or rashes on the chest region and face
- Red, itchy eyes
- Redness of the skin, where a cat has scratched, bitten, or licked
- Runny, itchy, stuffy nose
- Clogged and ringing ears
Ways to Avoid Cat Allergy
- Bathe your cat once a month, using a mild shampoo. This will help
remove the build-up of dandruff beneath the skin, which is a major
culprit in causing allergies. However, do not wash your cat more
than once a month. This is because you may dry out the skin, causing
the cat to scratch itself and in turn, raising the dandruff even
- It is very likely that a person who is allergic to cats is also
allergic to other environmental allergens. To diagnose this get a
full allergy test done to determine what other household substances
you are allergic to.
- The most likely allergen found in cats is in the sebum and is a
protein called Fel d 1. Have your pet spayed or neutered. It has
been found that the sebum produced by a cat is highest in unaltered
males and lowest in altered males. Having the cat neutered can help
reduce this production.
- Get rid of carpets and nylon and synthetic fabric surfaces. They
are the breeding grounds for allergy causing agents. It is advisable
to use natural fabrics. The more washable surfaces you have in your
home, the easier it is to keep clean.
- Allergy desensitization shots or immunotherapy is a very
effective way to tackle cat allergy. Immunotherapy will gradually
make a person more and more resistant to the allergens. The goal of
immunotherapy is to increase the tolerance level to 10 times. This
is one of the most effective treatments because it treats the cause
and doesn't just hide the symptoms.
- Use an air purifier in your home to filter many of the airborne
irritants is found to be effective ways to avoid cat allergy.
- Wash bedspreads, sheets, pillows, curtains, area rugs and other
fabrics often. In case you use a vacuum cleaner, make sure that you
get one with a good filter.
- Brush your cat daily to prevent any accumulation of dandruff. You
can also use an allergy-reducing spray.
- It is very necessary to keep the pet's skin healthy. This can be
done by feeding the feline a high quality food and a fatty acid
- Make sure you wash your hands after handling the pet or its toys
or even its bed.
Comment On This Article