Before traveling with your cat
you need to take certain precautions
Traveling With Cat
Traveling with your pets is not
easy. As they do not speak your language, it is very difficult to
understand their needs and make them understand your instructions. In
case you are traveling with your cat, your task becomes more difficult
as cats have a phobia from traveling. They do not sit in a corner after
getting terrified; in fact they make a lot of hue and cry, so handling
them in a journey could be really difficult. Therefore you need to do a
lot of preparations before you take your dear pussy cat on a journey.
Here are some handy tips that would be useful for you
- Before you take her to any journey, arrange a crate or fabric
containment to carry your cat. Your cat will feel secure and
sheltered in these containers.
- If you are leaving for a long trip and your cat is very reluctant
and is crying and shrieking too much, it is better to always better
to consult a veterinarian. You must also run a trial run to judge
your cat's behavior in long run. If your cat is ultra-reluctant, the
best way would be to ask the veterinarian to give her tranquilizers.
- Make sure you tag your cat with an identity card or other means
of identification to assure her safety. Do not also let her loose,
she might run away.
- Generally cats suffer from motion sickness, if it is the case
with you cat, you may have to give her the training of traveling.
You will have to customize her of traveling which will help her get
desensitization from this traveling phobia. You can give her gradual
training by making her sit in the car first of all with the engine
off, then with the engine on, after she gets used to it, take her on
short trips, you can finally take her on a cross country trip.
- Make sure your cat has taken a meal three hour before you set off
on any journey. After that you must feed your nauseous cat with
anti-motion sickness medications to avoid hassle during the journey.
- If you are traveling alone with your cat, always buckle her up
with the seat belt to avoid any unpleasant incident.
- Make sure that your cat does not have nay access to the driver
side floor near the brake and gas pedals. Also make sure that your
car's dashboard must be out of her bounds for safety sake.
- If you are planning to stay overnight in some hotel or lounge
make sure there is an arrangement for your pet. You must bring your
cat's food and water from the home itself.
- Do not leave your cat alone in a locked car.
Comment On This Article