Catnip toys are the most
favorite toys of the cats. Cats simply go crazy while playing with them.
Cat is a highly active animal, which indulges itself into activities such as playing, scratching posts and sharpening its paws, for a prolonged time. You would hardly find the animal sitting idle, unless situations like sickness or times when it is seeking solitude. Hence, toys form an important part of the waking hours of the playful and energetic cats. If you are planning to introduce your cat to a new toy, then try some catnip toys. As the name suggests, catnip is a cat-friendly herb belonging to the mint family. Cats are inherently allured to the aroma of the catnip leaves, which are used to make a wide variety of toys. Check out some catnip toys ideas in the following lines.
Catnip Toy Ideas
- Catnip toys shaped like balls can be made by using food-binding agents. By offering such a toy to your pet, you will ensure that it can play with the toy until exhaustion and then break it with its paws and eat the ball!
- You may also offer wand-like toys that resemble tail or a worm, to your cat. Fill the toy with catnip leaves and use it to tease your cat, by dragging the toy on the floor or tossing it in the air. This is a nice way to play with your pet.
- Cats seem to be fascinated by soap bubbles and try to catch them. The idea has been translated into a beloved toy for kittens, in which the bubble toy catnip-scented bubbles, every time its button is pushed that stimulates your cat to jump and chase them. They also have provisions for refilling the bubble solution.
- Pizza-shaped catnip toys on a bed of moss are perfect platter for your kitty. They are accented with fresh organic catnip and tasty cat treats like tuna flakes, salmon bits, anchovies and shrimp.
- You can also give the most beloved sleeping companion to your cat as a mat shaped like a Fish or a Bird with a pocket for catnip leaves on each corner.
- Larger than cats though, stuffed toys with catnips inside can make your cats dig in and play with them for a long time.
- Refilling an old toy is a wonderful idea to provide your cat with long hours of entertainment. If you have any refillable old toy at stock, then you can refurbish its entire functionality, by filling it with fresh catnip leaves. The aroma of the leaves will instantly attract your pet to the worn-out toy. In case the toy is not refillable, rub some dried catnip leaves on its outer portion.
- Old pair of socks can be put to best use. Fill the old sock with catnip. Now, sew the end of the filled sock or tie it into a tight knot. Your cat will be delighted to receive the catnip toy.
- You may make use of catnip itself as the toy. For the purpose, put few catnip leaves on the floor, or in an empty cardboard box. As the cat sniffs around, it will be attracted to the box (filled with catnip leaves) or the trail of leaves. That way, you will ensure that the pet hangs around and plays with the 'toy' for a long time.
- A catnip mouse toy would be the best bet for your pet, in case you are planning to bestow upon a gift. Battery-operated catnip mouse toys are easily available, in different sizes.
- If your cat loves to chase balls, then give her a ball that is dusted with dried catnip leaves. If the ball is stuffed, then you may refill it with catnip leaves.
Comment On This Article