Pamper your little pet by
bringing these toys for her.
How To Buy Cat Toys
Buying toys for cats can intimidate even the most creative shopper. This is primarily because cats are active pets, which tend to easily get bored of monotony, whether it is the food they are served with or the toys they have to play with. You would have to introduce your cat to a new toy frequently, so that the activeness of the pet is never diminished. While purchasing the toys for your cat, you need to consider a number of things, starting from its safety to the price. In the process of choosing the best toy for your pet, you should also ensure that it is not frightened by the newly bought toy. Here we are to help you with some tips on how to buy cat toys, which will help you arrive at the best deal.
Buying Toys For Your Cat
- The first thing that you need to do, before you even start thinking about buying a toy for your cat, is to check the sturdiness of the toy. For the purpose, you need to pull on the toy gently and ensure that it does come apart in your hands only. Your cat is going to put the toy in its mouth and abuse it. You would not want it to swallow or choke on something, right!
- One of the most popular options that you will come across, while buying a toy for your pet cat, would comprise of the catnip toys. Cats sniff, lick, drool over and chew such toys, batting them around and rubbing them against their chin, cheeks and body up, usually while purring loudly. So, you can consider buying them. However, remember that some female cats as well cats less than three months old might not respond to them.
- There are many cat owners who like to buy furry toys for their pet. However, before buying such a toy, be aware of the fact that you will have to check these toys on a weekly basis, to make sure that the fur is not loose enough to be swallowed by your cat. If you are not up to this, these toys are surely not meant for your cat.
- There is a wide variety available in case of cat toys, with some being meant for the cat only and some being capable of played by the owner as well as the pet. You need to decide which type of toy will be best suited for your pet. The 'play together' toys are perfect in case of older cats, which need encouragement to play. They should be bought only if you have the time to play with your cat, otherwise 'play-alone' toys will be better.
- The last two considerations, in context of cat toys, are their price as well as variety. Always ensure that you have a wide variety of toys, so that your active pet doesn't end up getting bored. This way, you will be able to rotate them easily. At the same time, you need to make sure that you buy only those toys that fit in with your budget.
Some Tips Regarding Cat Toys
- After giving a catnip toy to your cat, make sure that your pet doesn't ingest too much of the same. Otherwise, it might end up vomiting and suffering from diarrhea.
- Cats often drool excessively over catnip and, at times, might create small puddles on and around them. If you are one of those who might be disgusted by this mess, don't go for catnip toys.