Here are some tips on how to
use dog toys. Using dog toys diligently makes them more interesting and
attractive to your dog.
Using Dog Toys
There are many factors that contribute to the safety and usability of a toy. Safety is the most important thing which you should keep in mind while buying any toy for your dog. The choice of toys completely depends upon the size and activity level of your dog and your personal preference. You may buy a number of toys for your dog varying in shapes, sizes and colors. Yet your dog may look bored, depressed and disinterested in them. In this case, you have to use your dog's toys intelligently to keep your little friend happy. Below we are giving few tips about how to use dog's toys diligently:
- Buy only 'dog-proof' toys with no ribbons, strings, or protruding parts that can be dislodged and ingested.
- Rotate dog's toys weekly, showing only a few of the selected ones at a time. Keep others toys out of dog's eyes. This will make your dog feel as if the unseen toys have become new after the lapsed time period.
- Keep a variety of dog toys easily accessible and the favorite ones can be kept permanently outside.
- Focusing on a specific task, such as catching the ball and seeking treats or toys, helps the dogs to de-stress.
- Toys which you choose should be appropriate for your dog's size. Balls and other toys that are too small can be easily swallowed, or can get stuck in dog's mouth or throat.
- Avoid any toy that starts to break into pieces or have pieces torn off as they can choke its throat.
- Ask your veterinarian vide you knowledge regarding which kind of toy is perfect for your dog breed.
- Very hard rubber toys are safer and last longer. They are easily found at any dog shop.
- Check labels for child safety. A stuffed toy that's labeled as safe for children under three years old, doesn't contain dangerous fillings and can even be used as dog toy.
- Make sure that the soft toys you choose for your dog should be machine wash.
- Interactive dogs are generally attracted towards games such as 'Hide and Seek' and 'Found' toys.
- Interactive play also offers an opportunity for socialization and helps them learn about appropriate behavior with human beings and other animals.
- Active games that you play with your dogs are very important for your bond with your pet. Don't think that money can buy companionship too.